Equality before Law and Equal Protection of Law
|Banking Law - By Meenakshy Natesan|
|Written by Hanumant's Law Journal|
|Saturday, 14 August 2010 17:07|
1. Explain the origin & development of banking in India.
2. What are the objectives & achievements of bank nationalization in India?
3. State the argument for & against nationalization.
4. What are the main functions of banks?
5. Who is a banker and customer? Explain the general relationship between banker & customer. OR The relation between a banker and a customer is that of a debtor and a creditor. Explain.
6. Explain the special relationship between banker & customer. OR What is the special relationship arising out of general relationship between a banker and a customer. OR What are the rights and obligations of a banker towards a customer?
7. What are the obligations of a banker?
8. Explain the banker’s right of general lien.
9. What are the circumstances under which a disclosure by banker is justified? OR Banker’s duty of secrecy is not absolute. Explain.
10. Who are the banker’s special customers? Explain the precautions to be taken by the banker in opening and operating their accounts.
11. What are the functions of commercial banks?
12. What are the functions of the Reserve Bank of India?
13. Explain the management, powers and constitution of the Reserve Bank of India.
14. Explain the role of Reserve Bank in economic development.
15. In what way does the Reserve bank exercise control over the commercial banks?
16. Explain the Reserve bank’s licensing function.
17. Write a short of Regional Rural Banks
18. Write a note on Central Co-operative banks.
19. What are the advantages & disadvantages of unit & branch banking?
20. What are the differences between schedule & non-schedule banks?
21. What are the rights of a banker against surety?What are the precautions to be taken by the banker?
22. Explain the concepts of guarantee & indemnity
23. What are the precautions to be taken by the banker in the case of hypothecation?
24. What are the differences between lien & hypothecation?
25. What are the differences between hypothecation & pledge?
26. Write a note of secured & unsecured loans
27. Write a note on fixed deposits
28. Write a note on current account
29. Write a note on savings bank account
30. Write a note on recurring account.
|Last Updated on Wednesday, 20 October 2010 16:39|
CFA, LLB (Hons)